Not Stocked Special Order
The PowerBox Source is a logical development of the successful BaseLog, taking due account of requests from customers and modern telemetry system requirements. We have managed to reduce the backer’s size by optimising the heat-sink design, and as a result the PowerBox Source is now also suitable for small models with high power requirements. This small energy package offers enormous performance reserves, and compares very well even with larger battery backer systems.
The unit can be connected to an optional small O-LED screen which provides a display of all battery data even when the backer itself is inaccessible in the model. However, the full capability of the PowerBox Source can still be exploited even without the screen: the Data socket enables the user to access all settings either using a smartphone and a BlueCom Adapter, or a laptop or PC using our USB interface.
Core pilots, in particular, can control all aspects of the PowerBox Source from the transmitter without any extra accessories.
Reflecting the current state of technology, all battery-relevant data can now be transferred to the transmitter via the telemetry system. The PowerBox Source can transfer telemetry data to Jeti, Graupner, Multiplex and Futaba transmitters as well as the Core telemetry system. An additional teleconverter is not required for Futaba.
The PowerBox Source can be set to any of four different output voltages: 5.9 V – 7.4 V – 7.8 V and unregulated; in the latter case the battery voltage is passed through with minimal loss. The MPX inputs and outputs are fitted with retaining clips / lugs to prevent the connectors slipping out when subjected to severe vibration.
- High performance
- Optimised cooling
- Small size
- Optional OLED screen, 128 x 64 pixels
- Four different output voltages
- Suitable for use with all battery types
- Can be controlled by the switch or BlueCom or USB interface
- Supports five different telemetry systems: CORE P²BUS, Jeti EX-Bus, Futaba S.BUS2, Multiplex M-Link, Graupner Hott
- Redundant regulator design
- Suppression of servo feedback currents
- Protection against electro-static discharge
- Integral regulator monitoring
- Can be updated using the USB Interface or BlueCom Adapter
|Operating voltage||4.0V - 9.0V|
|Power supply||2S LiPo, 2S LiIon, 2S LiFePo, 5S NiCd/NiMH|
|Current drain Power-on state||85mA|
|Current drain Standby||10µA|
|Maximum load current||Peak 2x20A|
|Output voltage||5.9V / 7.4V / 7.8V / 8.4V|
|Screen||OLED 128 x 64 pixels (optional)|
|Supported telemetry systems||PowerBox, Jeti, Futaba, Graupner, Multiplex|
|Dimensions||54 x 88 x 23 mm|
|Weight Sensor Switch||15 g|
|Temperature range||-30°C to +85°C|
- PowerBox Source
- 2 PowerPatch-leads (1x MPX / MPX and 2x MPX / JR)
- 4 rubber grommets and brass spacers, factory-fitted
- 4 retaining screws
- Operating instructions in English and German