Shipped Directly from Flex Innovations
The Next Evolution in EDF Performance
The FlexJet is known as one of the most capable and highest performing EDFs in its class. Building on that legendary performance, the FlexJet TV adds the next step in ultimate capability - Thrust Vectoring. With a new power system and a 2-axis thrust vectoring nozzle, the FlexJet TV is now capable of some of the most advanced aerobatics imaginable.
The FlexJet TV is designed by the Flex Innovations team including Top Gun Champion and internationally known jet designer David Ribbe with aerodynamic collaboration from F3A World Champion Quique Somenzini. The construction is EPO foam with multiple carbon spars and joiner tubes in the wings and tail surfaces. Plywood is also used where required.
The inlet lips, ducting and vectoring nozzle are expertly engineered to provide efficient thrust over a wide speed range, including 3D (post-stall) aerobatics. The thrust and acceleration are impressive with well over a 1:1 thrust to weight ratio. The plastic tailpipe is lightweight and offers smooth airflow while allowing access to internal components. Fuselage mounted main landing gear is set near the CG for easy ground handling and take-off rotation. The Super PNP includes both long travel trailing-link struts for those who fly on rough surfaces as well as lighter weight wire struts for those who want the lightest weight and best performance possible. Timing of the retracts and doors is automatically sequenced. The generous side area, a mid-set wing, and a large rudder make knife edge flight a breeze. With the addition of thrust vectoring, knife edge loops are now also possible. All-moving " flying stabs" give excellent pitch at all speeds, and even act as ailerons in all pre-programmed flight modes.
The Aura 8 advanced flight control system offers a highly refined 3-axis gyro to make the FlexJet TV fly like it is bigger and flying in less wind! Due to its advanced implementation, it will feel like there is nothing in the way of the pilot! The Aura also allows the FlexJet TV to be delivered with advanced expertly tuned features and parameters already in place. An example of this is the secondary control mode which applies separate gyro settings to the thrust vectoring nozzle, while the flight surfaces still retain separate gyro settings needed for optimum performance.
These features combine to offer a jet that has unrivaled performance in its class. It flies big, and performs more like Quique's 1/6th scale F-16 thrust vectoring turbine jet than a typical foam EDF. Altogether it is an unbeatable performer.
The FlexJet TV has approximately 90% more power than the original FlexJet while remaining very lightweight. This excess power is intended for up-lines and post-stall (3D) maneuvers ONLY. Because of this, the pilot is required to limit the speed of the aircraft and the G-load on the aircraft.
Over-speeding or over-stressing the aircraft can result in structural failure and a crash, which may also cause property damage or injury.
DAMAGED PRODUCT(S), INJURY AND/OR PROPERTY DAMAGE CAUSED BY FAILURE TO FOLLOW THE ABOVE GUIDELINES IS NOT COVERED UNDER WARRANTY.
Always check the WIKI for the latest Manual Updates and User Advice and Information!
- Thrust Vectoring Nozzle for the most advanced aerobatics, including 3D flight
- Pre-Programmed Aura 8 AFCS with Firmware v1.9 (installed)
- Expertly Engineered Ducting and Inlet Lips for Power and Efficiency
- Modern Aerodynamics for High Performance and Easy Handling
- Electric Retracts with Door Sequencer (installed)
- Metal Trailing-Link Struts with Rubber Downstops (installed)
- Optional lightweight wire landing gear struts (included)
- Metal Clevis Connections on all Flight Control Surfaces
- EPO Construction with Carbon Fiber Spars and Joiner Tubes
- Ball Bearing Supported and Balanced All-Moving stabilizers
- Large Battery Compartment from top with single Latch for easy Access
- 11 Blade 90mm Ducted-Fan for Amazing Performance and Sound (installed)
- Potenza 80BLDF 1500kv Motor for excellent Power and Efficiency (installed)
- 120A HV ESC with external 5V/8A BEC (installed)
- (7) Potenza DS15 Digital Metal Gear Flight Control & Vectoring Servos (installed)
- (4) Potenza DS12 Digital Servos for Doors and Nose wheel Steering (installed)
- 2:00 to 4:00 minute flight times depending on battery choice and throttle management
- Custom Trim Scheme and Decals Applied
- Flight Battery: Li-Po 8S 3500 to 4200mAH 40C+
- 6+ Channel Computer Transmitter
- 6+ Channel Receiver with modern digital connection (see manual)
- Battery Charger
|Weight:||7 lb 2 oz||3.22 kg (with 8S 4000 battery)|
|Fan:||11 Blade||90mm nominal diameter|
|Motor||Potenza 80 Outrunner||1500kv|
|Channels:||6*||6+ channel computer transmitter
|Battery:||8S 3500-4200 mAh||40C or higher for best performance|
For Spektrum users, our highest recommended receiver is the AR8010T or AR9030T
For Futaba users, our highest recommended FASST receiver is the R7008SB or R6303SB. For FHSS, the R2008SB.